[BC] Continental 317C Serial #1 XETRA

Dave Hultsman DHults1043 at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 21:17:46 CST 2010

Glenn Callison was looking at the Gate VP-50 at KDAY and a new Continental 317-B transmitter for XETRA to replace the GE 50 kW.   At the last minute he changed his mind because Continental was coming out with the new 317C transmitter.   As he related to me, it had more economical tubes, he was happy with his two CE-317B's at KLIF and KEEL and he didn't want to have to worry about water cooling for the tubes.  This was after he had visited the first VP-50 site of KDAY with Andy Laird in LA.

Dave Hultsman  - lurking