[BC] 26 Mhz RPU/IFB

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Sun Nov 28 20:01:56 CST 2010

  Tim,
    There are all kinds of low band transmitters out there almost for
the taking. I think we are limited to 1`00  watts TPO, and look on Ebay
for a Micor of GE Master II. I don't know if they still run it, but Paul
Jellison ran a 26 MHz 24/7 from the WLW transmitter site. The free
banders gave up trying to talk around it. As long as 35 years ago, we
had a 26.43 Mhz 2 way at WOOD, Grand Rapids, and we had sever hassle
from the free-banders then. But, if you use it as an IFB, who cares.
Keep a good blower on it and run it 24/7. You also might find some lo
band Qunitron paging transmitters.
     Hang loose, in 2 years, everything in 2 way has to be narrow banded
and the equipment will be tossed out with the trash.

     Roll your own. The equipment is so cheap you could buy 4
transmitters, and get 2 channel elements and go for it.

         tom bosscher