[BC] sports audio feed

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Sun Nov 28 00:23:39 CST 2010

On Nov 27, 2010, at 11:40 PM, Tom Spencer wrote:

> You know, this scenario is quite possibly able to be addressed by a
> high-powered HF "Marti" on 26.95 MHz or so.  100 w into even a whip;
> should get a hundred miles or so out of it.

>The problem, of course, is finding the equipment to
> start with - especially if you're wanting that 10 kHz audio (40k0F3E
> modulation) that can be used on the first four channels in the HF
> RPU band.  A small tower with a beam on a rotor at the studio would
> also help, even with the TX using a whip.

> Tom Spencer

Cool idea.

The equipment is NOT hard to find, even at surplus.

A LOT of 300 Watt base stations are now available since many low band
paging companies have gone under.

I have never thought of using those transmitters for RPU, but for IFB,
very cool, and not something that doesn't go where needed.

--chip