[BC] FM History (AM history)

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Sat Nov 27 21:57:16 CST 2010

Dana Puopolo states:  "Actually, in 1967, WRKO bought two transmitters-a Continental 317 50 kW and a 10 kW Continental for standby. They ran with these until July 1974, when they installed a Gates MW-50 for the main. In 1995 or so they replaced the MW-50 with a DX-50 and sold the MW-50 to Alex Langer who used at at WBIX 1060 in Natick, MA. To my knowledge the two Continentals are still there (the 317 is the standby), though the 10 kW can not easily go on the air.

I'm sure that Sid could update this for us..."

I've never seen the 10kW rig at the Burlington site, and I've worked for Entercom for 11 years, but the 317-C is still our standby.  BTW, the 317-C is serial number 002.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040