[BC] Assistance with BE AM-1A

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 27 10:31:41 CST 2010

Neal,

I think BE may have change the scheme of things.  I own a BE AM-1A, and my BE
switch is it the remote position. I can lower and rasie the power with the
switch in the remote position. I do it all the time.  That's a question for
Rick (the Chief Engineer) of BE.  I love me BE AM-1A.  I wanted to buy one back
when my Dad was alive, but he didn't trust it because of it's size. That was
1997.  He made me buy a Harris (Gates One).  The Harris ran o.k. for the first
year, then we started having problems. I told Dad I did my homework, and I
didn't like the Gates One. It was a scaled down version of the SX-1, just in my
opinion.

He started trusting rack mounted 1 KW, AM Transmitters when I replaced the
Harris with an Armstrong X-1000B. It ran go for two year, and was on the air
when my Dad passed away. Then I couldn't get support out of Armstrong, and a few
other things I started learning about their AM Transmitter, so I broke down and
to Leslie (my wife) we are buy a BE AM-1A.  Next month, it's been on 2 years, no
problems so far!  I'm blessed.
 Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN