[BC] Assistance with BE AM-1A

Gary Peterson kzerocx at rap.midco.net
Sat Nov 27 09:28:49 CST 2010

I had the same problem with a five year old BE AM-6A.  Due to lack of use,
something seems to happen to the front panel switches.  A little shot of
contact cleaner (Caig De-Ox-It or GC De-Ox-Id) in the crack between the
movable button and the panel and some exercise brought them back to life.
Apparently, these are not sealed switches.  The buttons on the front of the
AM-500 backup have never given me a lick of trouble.  Maybe BE changed
switch vendors or the vendor made a change somewhere along the line.  Let
all of us know what you did, if you find a solution to your problem.

Gary, KØCX
CE KFXS, KOUT, KKMK, KRCS, KKLS & KKMK

"1.Can't trim power using front panel push buttons.(although it
  works fine on remote control)
2.Can't switch between + and - modulation on the front panel
  modulation meter
Henry Royse"