[BC] Cart machines - and others

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Fri Nov 26 19:52:12 CST 2010

> No, we didn't have the "logger."   That sounds like a real kluge.  Once I
> got the grand tour of the Schafer plant in Carpenteria with Andy McClure,
> and saw their logging system using a KSR-33 Teletype unit.  I really liked
> the 903 system, but never really never got to play with one -- mostly
> 902s.  And a couple of Ken Aitken specials, the aforementioned Gates, and
> a Broadcast Products brain that I tricked into doing time-insertion like a
> 903, using a timer that I built myself.

In the 1970s, I built a program logging system using a Teletype model 15.
I put 3.5kHz FSK data on the cue track. Each time a cart played, the
carrier was detected causing the time to print, followed by the data off
the cart. A photo of the system is at
http://www.stationengineer.com/ksly%20kuna%20automation.jpg .

Harold

--