[BC] AM Stereo

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 26 23:04:45 CST 2010

I'm with you on this one Chip, AM Stereo was too late for a cure to the
declining, dying band.

Now as far as more stations going on the air in the 60's-mid 80's, well the
only "GOOD" thing
is that many people like me got to own a little AM station if that would have
not happen. I

know you disagree, but that's the truth. Many small towns would have not got an
AM station

if the FCC did not allow more AM's to go on during this time period. You have to
look at the

other side of the fence on this topic.

As far as I'm concerned, Jim Wood of Inovonics is the BEST!  Go ahead, knock his
little
Inovonics Model 235 down, but I'm using it with a BE AM-1A and it sounds
wonderful! I have

an aircheck of WMRO playing music during regular programming. I recorded it home
with a

good Sony Portable Radio, plugged into my Behringer Mixer.

I don't modulate over 92-93% on the negative peaks. I want quality,
not quantity!  Like I mention, we have a station
in the next county over from us, using a Natuel J-1000 Transmitter, an Omnia 3am
audio
processor. They drive the thing so hard that they sound nasty. In addition,
their tower is a
series feed, small in width, tower. It is annoying to listen to them. One of the
jocks figured
out how to turn the thing up, because he is on a ego trip, trying to get
listeners in Nashville,
which is too far away for them. He's got the station sounding so bad, it is
irritating to listen to!

Oh by the way, I keep the positive modulation not to go over 120%. As I said, in
these little
towns, you can not sell advertising outside your 5 mv/m anyway.

That's the way this "idiot" sees it!
 Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN