[BC] Cart machines

Fred Morton radioguy at airmail.net
Fri Nov 26 07:50:08 CST 2010

Oh, my God!

Yes, we started KAPX in San Clemente (now KWVE) with a pair of Scully 270s
> and a Gates SC-48 brain.

did your have the 'logger' function ?

it recorded a 5-digit number in bursts of 8 kHz tone on the cue track of the
carts

and used a modified (solenoids for pushbuttons) Victor adding machine to
make the print-out

I had one of these at KRDO-FM, in Colorado Springs, many, many years ago. Scully decks, running SRP's beautiful music format, and a pair of "Gates 55s" spot players. And the logger described above. I haven't thought about that in years! The AM and TV got all the attention, but boy, howdy did the FM get listeners.

Fred Morton
Houston
--
Fred R. Morton, CSRE