[BC] FM History

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 25 09:52:41 CST 2010

I know WMC-FM (99.7) in Memphis had 300 KW Horizontal Effective Radiated Power
for a long time.  I think today it's been lower to 290 KW Horizontal Effective
Radiated Power. I have no clue why they lower the Horizontal Power. Vertical
Power is at 96 KW. They are on a channel that is licensed to WWTN-FM, licensed
to Hendersonville, TN, but the transmitter site is on the south side of
Nashville between Franklin and Murfreesboro. It was original licensed to
Manchester, TN.  Cumulus did all these City of License changes to five FM's in
the Nashville Market and it's got things all screwed up in my head.

Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN