[BC] FM History

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 25 00:08:54 CST 2010

Richard,

I went to this link you gave me:
http://www.nps.gov/nhl/DOE_dedesignations/Armstrong.htm

I got to the homepage, but the some of the links don't work.  It could be my PC.
Also, no offense, but please explain to my in "layman's" terms what you are
refering to.  Some of the information you posted I didn't understand because I'm
still learning about the early days of FM.  I'm trying to figure out in my mind,
what when wrong. Why was Armstrong done dirty?  The technology was around in the
mid to late 30's but I guessing RCA wanted to be the "big dogs" and push
Armstrong out of the picture.

Like you said, I can "Google" the topic, but I may get different opinions than
the true fact.  Just wanting to learn.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN