[BC] AM Stereo

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Nov 24 01:48:27 CST 2010

EXCEPT that we really didn't need to restrict the frequency response
to 4 kHz.

Much of Europe used to run 20 kHz, because they ran 9 kHz channels,
and didn't allow interference within the third adjacent!

We were OK until, what was it?  The 70s?  When we allowed all of those
fill in stations.

I used to listen to WABC, WNBC and WCBS near DC DURING THE DAY!  Of
course, some of the problem today is noise, from "Part 15 devices,"
which generally don't meet the Part 15 rules.

We screwed up FM with Docket 80-90, and now we are doing it with TV.

Oh, well.

--chip

OH, and I have a great idea.  Let's bring in a lot of 100 and 1000
Watt stations on third adjacent channels, and soon, let's make them a
primary service, like we did with LPTVs.

We are such allocation idiots.

--chip