[BC] BC] Cart machines

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:52:26 CST 2010

Which one was the multi-tray deck that was similar to the Instacart, but
on its side? IIRC, it was made by or for SonoMag (SMC) of Carousel fame
(or infamy).  I have six Carousel 252s, BTW - and they seem to still be
functional last time I powered the old Gates / ATC  APC-10 automation
system up.  Five of them are connected to an RA-5 controller - with the
25-position slide switches (which also still worked last time I checked).

If I had a choice of Carousels, though, I think I'd want the 450,
because it had the bi-directional drum.  The old 250 series I believe
used germanium transistors, which may be why the sixth deck keeps
wanting to miss cues (yes, the head is clean and aligned correctly).

--
Tom S