[BC] BC] Cart machines

Lane Lindstrom lane at radiolanes.com
Tue Nov 23 20:24:09 CST 2010

"Andy Soule" mentioned

> I think all the heads were always active too, so it was noisy.

The instacart I have has Sigma datacells on all of the 24 playback amps,
they would only come on when the corisponding tray was active. Yes it was
still noisey, much of the noise was static built up on the long capstan.
Often the bearings would get replaced without ones having graphite to
disharge static on  the shaft. Now a real interesting contraption was the
Audiofile made by Schaefer. It was a mini ATC 55 with a cable elevator. 3
moving decks with several trays per unit.
Hope this is not too off topic.

Lane