[BC] AM Stereo and Leonard Kahn

Kyle Magrill kyle at circuitwerkes.com
Tue Nov 23 20:55:03 CST 2010

Subcarriers were a minor benefit to the present system, but the
main reason that the FCC picked the present system was
that the Crosby system degraded mono performance
significantly more than the system that was adopted.

The Crosley FM stereo system was an FM on FM system-as opposed to the
suppressed carrier AM on FM ystem we have now. It's one disadvantage was that
runing it meant that you had no space for SCAs-and since many FMs were running
SCAs at the time, the system we have now was selected.