[BC] The Level Devil

Miltron miltron at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 23 17:14:41 CST 2010

Used one for a couple of decades with only one problem: it would hang in one mode (IIRC, expand) and require a new, select, Amperex 12AT7 in that circuit.
Bob Lambert analyzed it and we changed the 12 meg resistor to a sane value, and no more trouble. 12M would work with a few atoms of gas in the tube to cause this problem; after this, 'most any 12AT7 would do.
It was so neutral sounding that I always wondered if it really did anything--and _never_ thumped.

There _were_ two versions of the L-D, and another station retired theirs fairly early due to unending troubles.......