[BC] going in the wrong direction

Donald Wilson dw4sp2458 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 13:38:05 CST 2010

Are they Ampex Cue Mat magnetic disk units?

And the tape recorder is an Ampex PR10.

I heard a story about early PR10's. The deck had a plastic foam between deck
plates as a vibration damper, unfortunately, the heat from the tube type
electronics could melt the plastic. Ampex recalled these early machines,
replaced the unit with new ones made with a different material, and then buried
the recalled machines in a land fill.

Donald Wilson
K6DSW