[BC] Cart machines

Alan Peterson alanpeterson at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 09:02:33 CST 2010

Capsulizing an earlier discussion:
> Mark Humphrey wrote:
> While on this nostalgic topic, perhaps we should vote on "worst cart
> machine".
>
> Cowboy wrote:
> Anything and everything from Ampro ?

My college radio station - WHPC-FM Garden City NY - had RCA-equipped studios along with five-slot cart play decks. Never cared for them; they just could never properly engage a cart. And a few years later in the field, I encountered the same model badged as an Ampro. So I agree with Cowboy.

Ramko either made or distributed a cart machine that did its own phase-chasing on stereo playbacks. I never really warmed up to those either, although I did have a certain fascination with the DC38-8S console and all its complexity.

-AP