[BC] identifying the equipment

Jeff Johnson jeff at rfproof.com
Mon Nov 22 22:29:44 CST 2010

Yes, that is a Collins transmitter. At X-Star we had similarly styled (FM)
830s. They were beautiful. What model # would a Collins AM of that physical
size be?

That was back in the day transmitters were pretty. The new Nautels are nice
looking.

Is this station AM? It appears to be monaural, even though the Ampex in the
studio is stereo.

Are the two items on the top of the stack immediately above his left
shoulder those cart decks for 'C' (big) carts. The little round logo could
be Collins.

Jeff.Johnson at rfproof.com