[BC] going in the wrong direction

Jim Tonne Tonne at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 20:21:00 CST 2010

Gary:

Kind of interesting how various guys have observed
such a large amount of info about that photo!

The StaLevel was about 5 1/4 inches tall, square meter
in center, swing-down door.  The SA-38 and SA-39
were much taller, I spose about 10 1/2 inches tall,
similar to that Collins limiter.  The original SA-38 used
a kind of small meter in the center;  later ones used a
larger meter.  SA-39 all used large meters.

The Sta-Level was one of the first to use the 6386;  both
of the Gates SA- series used 6L7s or maybe 1612s.

I was disappointed to see that my folder about these
beasts doesn't have the schematic of any of the Gates
limiters.

- JimT