[BC] New Petition filed today on EAS issues with the FCC

Alex Hartman goober at goobe.net
Mon Nov 22 13:58:09 CST 2010

There's many fundamental problems with EAS and the governing body as a whole already. I would hope they learn from the EAS era and try to correct it.

Case and point, my 2 required monitoring stations according to the MN state plan are both MPR stations... on the same tower, on the same power grid, fed from the same satellite dish in the same building! (no local EAS encoder/decoder, it's all handled by MPR's NOC 80 miles south)

I would really like to see a diversity requirement for that since EAS-CAP have to co-exist. When CAP does take over, i would hope that i would be monitoring several different servers, not just the statewide system.

--
Alex Hartman