[BC] switch cap part data needed

Michael Patton tech at michaelpatton.com
Mon Nov 22 12:23:18 CST 2010

Folks, I need some of the little gray switch caps that are used on a BE
FX-30 exciter (and probably other gear, too).  I have searched all over,
and cannot figure out what the maker or their P/N is.  The cap is
rectangular, about 7.4 mm high by 14.8 mm wide by 16.8 mm deep (as it
sits on the switch), with a slightly concave front with beveled edges.
I found lots of switch caps, of various sizes and shapes, but nothing
that quite matches all these criteria.

Update: I just now found out from BE that the caps are a Centralab P/N
B-306-GY.  Centralab is long gone, and their heirs (Electro-switch,
apparently, but feel free to correct me) don't show anything like this
on their website.  A google search for that p/n also gets no hits.

If anyone knows a source for these caps--or even the switches they go
on--please give me a shout.

On the other hand, I have found the maker of the round switch caps with
the "winkeye" colored "on" indicators, like are used on TFT monitors,
some audio consoles, and lots of other gear.  If anyone needs that data,
contact me off-list.

By the way, thanks to everyone for the help with that odd IC (MC13156) I
needed last week; I went to the search website someone sent me, and got
back several prompt bids, all for reasonable prices, even for small
quantities.  The parts are on their way; hopefully one will fix the dead
receiver when they arrive!

--
Mike Patton, owner, Michael Patton&  Assoc.
12231 Industriplex Blvd, Ste C, Baton Rouge, LA  70809