[BC] Cover Art/Liner Notes

Peter Smerdon psmerdon at fastmail.com.au
Sun Nov 21 14:41:00 CST 2010

No, I don't know either - but has the name All In Media (or AIM Rapid)
come up?

They are very active with software and systems for this application in
the DAB world.
Their brochure does mention HD Radio - but maybe that's aspirational,
rather than actual.
http://www.thisisaim.com/?page_id=128

DAB does have a standard for providing graphics data over the platform
called MOT (Multimedia Object Transfer)
For details - http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/Par/arch/dab/mpspecs/mot_spec.pdf

As for the datastream bandwidth required for this sort of stuff
(album-art and other graphics), I have no direct experience but seem to
recall that a figure of 10-20kbps was suggested.
Anyone with experience, feel free to pipe up. Austereo - Dave???

Cheers,
--
Peter Smerdon.
Melbourne Australia.

On 22/11/2010 3:43 AM, Rich Wood wrote:

> OK. What I want to know is the beginning to end process of getting
> cover art and liner notes from the automation system to the receiver.
snip