[BC] linksys

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 12:18:48 CST 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Edwin Bukont <ebukont at msn.com> wrote:
><snip>

> In several projects now, where everyone was sure I had something programmed wrong, the fault was eventually found to be at either the Linksys, the DLink or the device,,,but everyone is quick to blame the integrator or tell you that you need to learn more about IP.  The best thing to have in these projects is a sniffer.

Yeah, that's why I don't like to do IT.  Everybody thinks they're an expert.  When I was at R&R, I was given the task of bringing a defunct computer back to life and installing it in the AM PD's office.  So, I fixed the computer, loaded in Windows and the necessary apps, got it up on the network, set it up so that he could access the loggers just by clicking the appropriate screen icons, connected to his local printer, plus a couple of network printers for backup and had it working great.  Then the GM decided (for whatever reason) that it needed more memory, opened it up, put in another memory card, and turned the whole thing into a doorstop.  It never worked after that.  Hey, people!  If you hire someone to do a job, just let them do it!  The best thing to have in these projects is some tranquilizers.