[BC] The wrong way to deal with tech budgets

Kevin Trueblood kevin at neptuneradio.net
Sat Nov 20 17:26:04 CST 2010

I am the ripe old age of 29.  Been doing engineering full time for three years now.

I know personally three other Engineers under 30.  They do exist.

I think part of the problem why you are not seeing more is because a large portion of the responsibilities in a modern facility belong to IT.  Well, what motivation does a young person well-versed in IT have to work at a radio station when they can work for any other company and often make more money and better benefits?

The answer comes from finding up and coming people in other departments with an interest in the tech side.  Find people who love radio and mentor them.  That's how I did it.

Kevin