[BC] Getting the Commercials on

Alex Hartman goober at goobe.net
Sat Nov 20 13:14:49 CST 2010

A recent "inexpensive" contest thrown on a local AC station involved "exclusive" tickets to the Goo Goo Dolls, playing a venue about the size of an average corner bar. Only 100 pair of tickets, etc. Contest probably cost about $10k total, but because of it, they went from 6th to 2nd in the market for the book and had some obscene AQH and cume, forcing the listener to tune in to win.

In some major markets, $10k is chump change to gain that kind of listenership, even if it is only for a few months.

--
Alex Hartman