[BC] Audio "proofs"

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:38:22 CST 2010

Yeah--I still have a vivid memory of that. Early in my career, I was the one who turned on the transmitters for WORM and WORM-FM in Savannah, TN for Claude. He wanted the dial tone on the AM. The old mechanically-generated dial tone that South Central Bell used with the old step-by-step exchanges. One night, I thought I'd be clever, so I put a tone on the air from an oscillator I had. Boy, was he upset! He called and let me know in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that he wanted the DIAL TONE! And for the reasons mentioned already.

--
Jerry Mathis