[BC] Audio "proofs"

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Thu Nov 18 15:30:47 CST 2010

>Speaking of measurements, how many of you remember talking to Clarence
>Cheney at Cambridge Crystals each month to get your frequency measured?

It was the night after I replaced out of tolerance resistors in the crystal
can in a BC-5H. I did this so that the night Clarence called, I could set
both oscillators. The night jock called me saying people on the outskirts
complained about a tone on the air. He didn't hear any tone, even on his car
radio. When Clarence called he asked if I did any work on the transmitter.
We were +420 Hz high! He explained the old Frequency Meters went off on
overtones beyond 40 Hz or some such......

He was a good man. I think Dana could offer more details.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE