[BC] Audio "proofs"

Rene Tetro rene at wfil.com
Thu Nov 18 15:13:38 CST 2010

Speaking of measurements, how many of you remember talking to Clarence
Cheney at Cambridge Crystals each month to get your frequency measured? I
remember that he would call sometime after midnight, I would put the station
on high power, throw on a 1000 Hz tone, and he would make the measurement.
Early in my career I was working at WALL in Middletown, NY (in the early
70s) and it amazed me that he could pick out my frequency on 1340 kHz among
all those other Class IV's that were on the air.

I never did find out what equipment he was using.  Does anyone know?

Rene'

Rene Tetro
WFIL-WNTP
Philadelphia