[BC] Subject: Re: iPod warning

Chip Fetrow chip at fetrow.org
Thu Nov 18 00:02:29 CST 2010

There is a good reason.  Without the "bay" for the battery, the
connectors, plus the packaging for the cells, they are able to pack
about TWICE the battery capacity into a device of the same size.

Frankly, I don't like it, because I have always been willing to carry
one or two replacement batteries with me on the airplane, and change
them in flight.

My newest machine doesn't have the user replaceable battery (well,
without tools).  It is rated for 10 hours, but it runs 13 or more
hours.  I am more than pleased.

Same with my iPhone.  I was troubled when I bought it, but I have
NEVER run it down all the way unintentionally.  Yes, I do run
everything all the way down from time to time.  Apple recommends it,
not that I agree.

--chip