[BC] iPod warning

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Nov 17 21:33:18 CST 2010

Richard:

Who fed you that misinformation?

 From Apple's own website, on which they call the battery a battery,
they have both repair and battery replacement prices.  Battery
replacement, including labor and return shipping runs between $49 and
$79.  If you take it into an Apple Store you don't pay any shipping,
but depending on the state, there may be sales tax on just the parts
or the parts and labor.

<http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery/>
<http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/prices/#us>

However, unless I had one of the tiny, earlier generation tie clip
iPods (which I would never buy), I would replace the battery myself.
I have done other iPod repairs and they are pretty easy to work on.
Of course, it would be much easier to get into them with the suction
cup thing they use in the back of the Apple Stores, and I'm sure at
Apple's repair facility as well.

There are a lot of places which sell replacement batteries, and many
have higher capacity than the original batteries.

<http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=1225&ref=Google%20iPod%20Battery%20General&title=iPod%20Batteries%20%26%20Power%20Adapters&s_kwcid=TC%7C9594%7CiPod%20replacement%20battery%7C%7CS%7C%7C4335980750&gclid=CKWonfyvqaUCFQl_5QodbjheZQ

<http://tinyurl.com/2ultdzc>

Other World Computing sells replacement batteries for $15 to $20 and
will install them for $39.  I am sure you have the skills to do it
yourself.  They have on-line videos of how do repair iPods, iPhones,
MacBooks, MacBook Pros, and other Apple equipment.  Other World
Computing sells the tools you might need.

This place even includes the needed tools with the battery:

<http://www.ipodbatterydepot.com/index.asp?en=google&maingroup=highvolume&adgroup=ipodbatteryreplacement&ad=2&gclid=CLypvrO2qaUCFeYD5QodaQXgaQ

< http://tinyurl.com/285awkg>

Google "iPod replacement battery" and see what is available.

--chip