[BC] KOMO Towers

wcj9996 wcj9996 at frontier.com
Tue Nov 16 14:43:04 CST 2010

Tom:

Regarding the KOMO, Seattle directional antenna.  The antenna reference
point is midway between the end towers.  The antenna is a three tower
"dog leg" array, which means that that the center tower is offset 10.5
degrees from the reference point so that the pattern is asymmetrical
around the line between the end towers.  In this case it provides two
minima  on the East side and a single broad minima on the West side.

The towers are unequal length because the site is sloped and it was
desired to have the lighted tops all at the same elevation for an even
appearance at a distance.

     Walt

--
-----  walt  wcj9996 at frontier.com -----