[BC] Programmer skimmers

Kevin Trueblood kevin at neptuneradio.net
Sun Nov 14 08:43:10 CST 2010

I have used three different skimmers, and all three have pluses and minuses.

1.  MediaTouch's iLogger.  Stable, good.  But the GUI frequently crashes requiring program restart.

2. BSI Skimmer Plus:  Didn't really have any issues with it.  I believe one of the more inexpensive ones.

3.  Telos Profiler:  Use this now to monitor a network of close to 30 stations.  The software is way more stable with the newest version.  I am not a fan of the proprietary-ish sound cards, mainly because needing the older driver has caused headaches when setting up a machine.

All three will skim 24/7 or turn on and off with a closure or both.

Kevin