[BC] about STL dishes and jumpers

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Sun Nov 14 02:54:39 CST 2010

Ya know, this is generally because someone either doesn't know how to
read, OR KNOWS BETTER THAN THE MANUFACTURER!

In general, you need hoisting grips every 200 feet,  You need a
grounding kit at the top and the bottom, and every 200 feet.

You need to use either round member adapters or angle member adapters
AND PROPER CABLE CLAMPS.  It depends on the cable diameter, but ever
three to four feet.  Because of tower members, they often need to be
used much closer together.  Of course, there are "clip in" mounts, if
the tower is designed for them, or someone has installed "banjo
mounts" on the tower (which are quite nice).

For at least the last 20 years I have been specifying transmission
line ladders on all the towers I have built.  For large diameter
lines, the ladder is a place to bolt in the cable clamp.  For smaller
cables, snap in cable clamps are easy and fast.  I specify two ladders
back to back for the snap in clamps.  You can bolt two clamps into the
same hole on opposite sides, but not the snap in clamps.

if you are gong to use Wrap-Lock or #12 solid twisted copper instead
of the proper mounts, you deserve what you get.  Sure, it will last a
few years, but it won't last.

--chip