[BC] about STL dishes and jumpers

Gary Glaenzer glaenzer at frontier.com
Sat Nov 13 06:49:54 CST 2010

From: "Broadcast List USER" <Broadcast at fetrow.org>

>I have NEVER seen a Superflex jumper fail.
>
> I have NEVER seen an LDF-4 jumper fail.

I have, but only if the installer left a large part of it unsupported (not
secured to a tower leg) which allowed wind to move it

I recently saw a long down-tower length of LDF-4 fail in several places
because the installer had used Wrap-Lock® around the cable and horizontal
tower members

the Wrap-Lock® ended up at a 45-degree angle to both, and the edge
eventually cut thru both the plastic and the copper