[BC] EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Fri Nov 12 21:52:56 CST 2010

Rich:

I'm so sorry, but you are SO WRONG!

The law doesn't just prohibit "attention signals."
11.45 - Prohibition of false or deceptive EAS transmissions.

No person may transmit or cause to transmit the EAS codes or Attention
Signal, or a recording or simulation thereof, in any circumstance
other than in an actual National, State or Local Area emergency or
authorized test of the EAS. Broadcast station licensees should also
refer to 73.1217 of this chapter.

The words EAS Codes, makes it illegal.

--chip