[BC] ... and another spot with false tones

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 12 17:33:08 CST 2010

Larry Fuss wrote:

>> It took two people for us to do an EBS test; one upstairs to do the audio,
> and one downstairs to manage the carrier breaks...

> I worked at a station where there was always the chance the old Gates beast
> would not come back on after you dropped the carrier.  After several
> instances of that happening, the boss decreed that we'd just leave it on.
> We no longer dropped carrier for the EBS test.  The station stopped
> programming at midnight too, but we ran a dead carrier until 6 am.

   It sounds like no one there really knew how to maintain it,
recovering properly from any power failure is highly important
in the operation of any transmitter.
   With most transmitters drive could be cut with a switch that
replaced a jumper making removing power supply Voltages unnecessary.

--
Ron KA4INM