[BC] ... and another spot with false tones

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:15:28 CST 2010

EGADS

That mention of the old carrier break alerting "protocol" brings back memories... Of hearing the EBS (ex CONELRAD) receiver trip.... every evening at sunset when the NDEA Primary switched patterns.

It was wired to a bell so we could hear it upstairs in the studio/control room....

It took two people for us to do an EBS test; one upstairs to do the audio, and one downstairs to manage the carrier breaks... And sometimes, if you count was off, you'd come back up following the second "5 seconds off" with the tone al;ready on.....