[BC] News or EAS?

Larry Fuss lfuss2 at cox.net
Fri Nov 12 13:03:20 CST 2010

>Nearly every story captioned above the streamer at the bottom of the screen
is slugged:  "FOX NEWS ALERT."  Proof of one of the adages of the IT age:
When every message is tagged as "important," none of them are.

Like "Special Report with Brett Hume."  It comes on every day, so how is it
"special?"

However, local TV stations and their "breaking news" are the worst!
Translation: "we bought this expensive truck to do live shots, so we must
use it for something, even if it's meaningless drivel."

LF