[BC] EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:58:04 CST 2010

Some of the stations here have a workaround that seems to address Rich's
objections -

a TEST is front-announced - "This is a test of the Emergency Alert
System", followed by the duck farts.  nothing else is said; after the
EOM, it's right back to programming.

an ALERT may or may not be pre-announced - but the header data burst is
followed by the old dual-tone attention signal, followed by an announcer
with the body of the alert (usually the guy/gal who's on the news desk,
but occasionally the show host or the contracted weather source)

Seems like that might be at least one solution...

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)