[BC] EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Nov 12 09:38:52 CST 2010

At 07:35 AM 11/12/2010, Rich Wood wrote:
>As has been mentioned here, the tones are not attention signals.

        Doesn't matter.

>We part company on the issue of identifying a test.

        Doesn't matter.

11.45 - Prohibition of false or deceptive EAS transmissions.

No person may transmit or cause to transmit the EAS codes or Attention Signal, or a recording or simulation thereof, in any circumstance other than in an actual National, State or Local Area emergency or authorized test of the EAS. Broadcast station licensees should also refer to 73.1217 of this chapter.

- - -

        Enter your name into the $100 Cash Prize giveaway.
        Details at: http://www.theBDR.net/