[BC] a colleague in need of help

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Fri Nov 12 10:06:45 CST 2010

I was out of day to day radio for almost 4 years. As most know I moved into
tech support for Barix. It paid less then half my last radio gig-but we
tightened our belts and survived. Now I'm back in radio-and I'm making the
same base pay I was making in 1999 (but I had overtime then-now I don't).
We've learned how to be frugal and are doing pretty well. One more thing-a
biggie-I love my job and the people I work with. Pay isn't everything, after
all.

Hang in these....

-D

From: Cowboy <curt at spam-o-matic.net>

On Thursday 11 November 2010 06:32:52 pm Michael Patton wrote:

> A good friend of mine is having trouble finding project work and is
> getting very discouraged and bitter about it, even depressed.

 True also of a few on this very list ! ( OK, me )
 These days, some IT consulting, and CNC machine repair,
 painting tower, and the like.  It's only diversity of experience, and
frugality that's
 keeping me going.

 A decent project would be most welcomed.
 Broadcast as we know/knew and loved, may well be over !
 I know, I know. The buggy whip manufacturers probably
 also said "it's the economy" and "it's the government" but
 there do seem to be parallels.

-