[BC] Parallel Port Script Needed for EAS Activations

Steve Lewis steve at theengineeringbureau.com
Thu Nov 11 23:43:35 CST 2010

See http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/ezSprinkle.aspx for some
information on using the parallel port.  This guy goes into a little detail
of how the software can control a parallel port.  He ignores the issue of
inverting the parallel port lines with an inverter (he's using the port pins
to supply +5 to the LEDs.  He ought to buffer and connect the commons of the
LEDs to +5).  If you've got an old 95 or 98 windows machine it's easy to
implement.  2000 and beyond are a little more software work.