[BC] Transmitter metering

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Thu Nov 11 19:47:44 CST 2010

      On the Continentals, with the offset remote metering samples, I
use modules from Dataq. The DI-5B31-02 takes -5 to +5 vdc in and gives
you the same out, except that the input is isolated from the output. I
use this for the 816 series plate current. I then put in a DI-5B33-05,
which is a 0-300VAC true RMS to 0-+5 vdc out. I put this across the
filament transformer primary, and then calibrate the remote control to a
test reading using a fluke across the filament wires at the socket. This
gives you a very precise remote, true RMS voltage reading. I also use
the DI-5B30-03 modules, which is 0 to 100 millivots DC in to 0 to +5
vdc, to tap the Bird wattmeters. These modules are extremely high input
impedance, and they do not change the readings of the wattmeters at all.

     tom bosscher