[BC] FCC query re AM

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:50:52 CST 2010

Thanks, Al!

With knowing the 2007 authorizations have been rescinded, that makes
more sense.

Here's one, though -

WSYW, AM 810 Indianapolis.

Seems to be operating in accordance with the 2007 PSRA/PSSA.  I don't
have access to their antenna ammeter, but the times for start and end
operation match.

 From the signal strength, I'm not sure but what they're running the
full 250 watts, though...

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=13795

And I can see what you mean about those being defective -

Just for chuckles; this is from the PSRA for WSYW:

For February; the allowed sign on is at 6:00 AM, with a power of 2
watts... and the next time period is ALSO at 6:00 AM, with the full 250
watts!

(in January, they're supposedly allowed to go full power at 6:30; and
March allows 6:15 - AFTER the DST switch; before, they're stuck with 10
watts...)

Glad they rescinded those...

But in that case, what would WSYW be using for PSRA/PSSA?  Their basic
instrument of authorization does NOT have any night operation AT ALL -
due to WGY's skywave.

I'm generally not up pre-sunrise, but I've heard them running in the
evening well past sunset - and the carrier dump is consistent with the
2007 PSSA times...

(they program Spanish AC; and the only ID I can pick out is "AM-810" - "
Aye  EMMAY  Ocho Diez ")

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)