[BC] need a NON-technical explanation

Gary Glaenzer glaenzer at frontier.com
Thu Nov 11 16:30:52 CST 2010

I'll take a shot at the meters vs kc aspect

It is a matter of non-confusion, mainly

While we say 80-40-20 meter ham bands, it bets difficult when dealing with
fractional parts of a meter of wavelength

 30.99 meters = 9680 kHz, which is easier ?

plus, as frequency goes up, wavelength goes down, which is non-intuitive

Hope that helps

Gary