[BC] Classic Christmas radio plays

Mike McCarthy towers at mre.com
Thu Nov 11 10:43:22 CST 2010

  The irony is many people go to the movies that day for a variety of
reasons. In the past 10 years or so, some of the movie theater
industry's biggest days year to year are on Christmas day.  Might that
be people with no families looking to get away from it all for a few
hours...maybe.  Certainly possible given an increasing number of people
don't celebrate the holiday and are off from work because it's a widely
celebrated national holiday. Recall, Christmas is a religious holiday
first and evolved into a national holiday long ago when the total
population was predominantly Christan and the various other
denominations didn't exist here except for maybe Judism.  But they too
have a holiday sequence on/around Christmas, but related to other events.

The bottom line is today we're in such a matrix-ed melted pot society
and there is something celebrated by someone on any given day. So I
don't see why plays would not be an appropriate content on a day which
many people aren't listening for music anyway.

MM