[BC] WANTED - an FM tx.

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Nov 10 23:11:20 CST 2010

Generally, the Ammeters are set back from the panel on stand offs, and
a piece of thick glass is set on the panel.  This is to protect people
from accidently sticking something through the Ammeter and coming into
contact with the full B+!

The HV will tend to collect dirt, so the meter, and the back of the
glass will get dirty faster than one might expect, but frankly, that
really isn't an issue if you actually maintain the transmitter as we
would every other tube (high-Voltage) transmitter.  That dirt on the
glass is a really good indication that it is time for PM.

There really aren't any other issues, and I wouldn't be bothered by
the B+ being routed through the meter.  Frankly, it is more accurate
than a shunt, and even a direct shunt doesn't keep the B+ off the meter.

In other words, don't worry about it, and realize it is a tube
transmitter and needs to have the filters changed, and routine PM to
keep it clean.

--chip