[BC] Classic Christmas radio plays

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Nov 10 22:17:43 CST 2010

HMMMM.

I wonder if this is a good programming idea.

One of the big Christmas programming ideas that has been very
successful over the past decade or maybe a few more years has been the
format of wall-to-wall Christmas music from Thanksgiving to at least
Christmas, or maybe New Years Eve or Day.

For the most part, it is background music, and it is generally A/C
stations that do it successfully, without tanking first quarter.

I believe Christmas plays, and such, may be OK on Christmas EVE, but
not on Christmas day.  Generally, this is family time, with people
chatting, and catching up, with the children playing with their new
toys and games.  I don't believe people will have the time to actually
listen to radio plays on Christmas day.  Their attention would be, and
will be, elsewhere.

--chip