[BC] EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Nov 10 22:11:16 CST 2010

I have heard the duck farts on TV ads for the movie _Skyline_.  They
are fairly short, quite possibly EOMs.  I believe there are six or
eight of them, and the last ones are sped up.

HOWEVER, while I have seen ads for _Skyline_ on broadcast TV, none
with the duck farts.

I have only heard the duck farts on cable channels.  Since the cable
providers and cable systems are not "licensees" I don't think it is
illegal.  Wrong? Yes.  Illegal?  I don't believe so.

I am not one to want more laws or regulations, and my friends laugh
when I say, "There ought to be a law," because they know I am joking,
but maybe in this case, there should be a new rule, or if this is not
possible, Congress should pass a law.

--chip